This investment supports developing an ICT education, training & collaboration facility designed to:
• increase skills and drive growth in the ICT sector;
• support increased productivity across business sectors within the New Anglia area.
• Allow joint use of specialist laboratories by University staff & students, businesses both within Adastral Park and across the region.
This will be achieved by:
• Remodelling existing buildings at Adastral Park to become home to the ICT and Digital Creative provision offered by the University of Suffolk.
• Modernising existing and establishing new specialist laboratories to offer a range of innovative courses, along with research and training programmes in emerging technological areas.
The benefits of skills generation, job creation, ICT sector company growth and productivity increase are intended to support the growth of ICT expertise in the New Anglia region.
November 2020: Building work on DigiTech Base (Oberon 1) complete