working with University students and graduates
How can your business benefit from working with University students and graduates?
Thousands of students graduate from our region’s three universities every year. Businesses can benefit from working with students during their studies and from employing graduates who can bring key new skills into their organisations.
What are the benefits of working with students and graduates?
• Students and graduates can bring new perspectives and fresh ideas to your organisation
• Fill your skills gaps by having short/long term support
• Test-drive the talent
• Succession planning: many organisations go on to employ their interns on a permanent basis, saving money and effort with the recruitment process
• Give back to the community by enhancing the local workforce as a whole and facilitating a positive future
• At different times of the year, new funding opportunities may be available so it’s always worth checking to find out what is available.
• Provide internships alongside live projects and real problems to fit into student course modules
• Contribute to developing student’s employability skills needed to your business
• Access to facilities, networking and professional development opportunities
• Connecting you with faculty staff to discuss specific requirements or research opportunities.
Simply click on the links below to find out more about your local university.
Find out more about how Vattenfall supported a university student through a Year in Industry’
Hear from businesses which have employed graduates
“The students gained a lot of real world experience, which helped them to find proper employment after their graduation.” Dr Wenja Wang, UEA.
Find out more about a project to involve MSc students in a research project looking at seabed mapping here
“I believe the skills and opportunities that internships give will be extremely valuable in the future and will provide me a great deal of experience that I can draw upon going forward in my PhD.” Sam Keenor, UEA
Find out more about Sam’s internship at GreenWorld here
This work supports the New Anglia Youth Pledge. Our vision with partners is that
“Every young person in Norfolk and Suffolk will have the support they need to get into education, employment, training or an apprenticeship.”
Could your business get involved? Find out more about the Youth Pledge here