Norfolk & suffolk economic strategy
The Norfolk & Suffolk Economic Strategy outlines ambitious plans for future growth across Norfolk and Suffolk.
Bringing together public and private sector partners with education and the VCSE sector, it sets out our ambition for Norfolk and Suffolk:
‘Our ambition is to transform our economy into a globally recognised, technology-driven and inclusive economy which is leading the transition to a zero-carbon economy through sustainable food production, clean energy generation and consumption and digital innovation; becoming one of the best places in the world to live, work, learn and succeed in business.’
We want Norfolk and Suffolk to be:
– A higher-performing, clean, productive and inclusive economy.
– An inclusive economy with an appropriate and highly skilled workforce, where everyone benefits from clean economic growth.
– The place where high-growth businesses with aspirations choose to be.
– A well-connected place, locally, nationally and internationally.
– An international-facing economy with high-value exports.
– A centre for the UK’s clean energy sector.
– A place with a clear, defined, ambitious offer to the world.
We recognise this will not be achieved by one partner alone, or by any single strand of investment or action. We have always been most successful when we work together for the benefit of those who live, work, learn in and visit Norfolk and Suffolk. The actions in this strategy will help lead us out of these challenging circumstances and deliver on our region’s potential.
Local partners across business, business support organisations, local authorities, public health, education providers and VCSE have come together to agree this strategy and are all committed to:
- Collaborating – to secure and align investment and actions to build a cleaner, more inclusive, and productive economy.
- Inspiring – the next generation, current workforces, businesses, VCSE organisations and communities to innovate, and embrace automation and clean growth through strong collaborative leadership.
- Innovating – exploiting our expertise and innovation capabilities to pioneer solutions to the major challenges facing the world in the 21st century. Ensuring we capitalise locally on the application and diffusion of this innovation and the emerging growth opportunities.
- Investing – in people, sustainable infrastructure, innovation, social and environmental value, health and wellbeing, leveraging more investment to deliver on our ambitions.
The Norfolk & Suffolk Economic Strategy builds on the Covid-19 Economic Recovery Restart Plan published in 2020.
It replaces the 2017 Economic Strategy and the Local Industrial Strategy, published in 2019. These documents can be found in full on our publications page.
VIEW OUR DYNAMIC EVIDENCE BASE
The interactive tool below provides insights into the local economy across the key themes of the economic strategy.