This project is part of the Norwich Area Transportation Strategy (NATS). This project is a city enhancement package of measures to improve connectivity and accessibility within the core retail and business district by removing traffic from the city centre.
September 2020: Prince of Wales Road improvement programme of works completed [Final section Phase 5A – London Street Central remaining].
– Golden Ball Street/Farmers Ave – creating a two-way flow for general traffic and improving access to public car park.
– Westlegate/All Saints Green – pedestrianising and improving the access and look of this key retail area.
– Red Lion Street – rerouting of traffic.
– Ber Street – improving the entrance to allow additional turning.
– Finklegate – improving the junction with the inner ring road.
– Guardian Road Junction / Dereham Road/ Sweetbriar Road Roundabout– improving this outer ring road junction to improve traffic flow, bus journey times, and provide better crossing facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
– Roundhouse Way Bus Interchange – improving the size, layout and bus waiting facilities.
– Prince of Wales Road /Rose Lane/ Agricultural Hall Plain- improving traffic flow, crossings and cycle lanes.
– Plumstead Road – redesigning the roundabout in order to improve traffic flow in light of new housing being developed in the area. The housing developer is also contributing funding.