We are delighted to be part of a forum that will shape the transport ambitions for the East.
The new forum, Transport East, will be a vehicle for the delivery of a collective vision for transport and wider infrastructure in the East of England. It will meet for the first time in March and then regularly throughout the year to ensure that our transport network is fit for the future.
The forum will include local councils, Highways England, Network Rail and Local Enterprise Partnerships as well as other strategic partners such as ports, airports, rail and bus operators from across the East of England.
Transport East will ensure that our transport network:
- is innovative and prepared for future developments
- enables housing growth
- enables the efficient and effective movement of people and goods to boost economic growth
- ensures that growth in the East is sustainable, encompassing all forms of transport including, public transport, walking and cycling.
- ensures that the East of England is a place where people want to live, work and visit,
- enables people to live independently and to make the most of opportunities as they arise
Chris Starkie, Chief Executive of New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership said: “We are delighted to be part of Transport East and are looking forward to working with the forum to help boost economic growth, transport and infrastructure across the local area.
“We are committed to using the forum to highlight shared goals and work together to improve the lives of all of our residents and businesses through carefully planned transport and infrastructure spending.”