Business support during coronavirus
Rapid Covid testing for businesses whose staff cannot
work from home
We are working with a number of partners to ensure that rapid testing for people without Covid-19 symptoms will soon be available in various settings across Norfolk and Suffolk. Rapid lateral flow tests, which involve a swab of the nose and throat and provide a result within 60 minutes, will be used. Organisations and employers who have staff and workers who would be eligible for testing will be contacted and given details on how to get involved. Critical workers, those in high-risk occupations who still have to attend work, and people who are in contact with vulnerable individuals will be prioritised. These new initiatives will complement the nationally-led roll-out of lateral flow tests in some settings such as universities, schools and some large employers.
Why should I encourage my staff to get tested?
Many people who have coronavirus do not display symptoms and the rapid symptom-free. Rapid testing is an important new tool for preventing the spread of the coronavirus and will help to:
• Protect your employees’ health and that of your customers
• Identify cases earlier, reducing likely spread
• Minimise disruption to your business due to large numbers of staff needing to self isolate
• Provide your staff with free and easy to tests with results available quickly, minimising disruption to your business.
Book now for rapid testing in Suffolk
Book now for rapid testing in Norfolk
Are the tests accurate?
Latest Government business support
• Additional grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses announced on 5 January 2021. You can find out more details here
An extension to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme until 30 April 2021
• More generous support to the self-employed and paying that support more quickly. The overall level of the grant has been increased to 80% of trading profits covering November to January
• Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan and Bounce Back Loan Scheme application deadlines extended to the end of March 2021
Click on the button below to see a full list of Government Covid-19 business support measures
Coronavirus cases are increasing rapidly across the country. A national lockdown is in place. You can read the full Government guidance on the lockdown restrictions here.
Grants to support businesses closed due to lockdown
The Government has announced financial support for businesses which have had to close under lockdown from 5 January 2021. These grants will be administered by local authorities. Click on the links below to find out more about the process from your local authority.
We have shared top tips from local firms about operating safely. Click on the links below to read more:
Find out how Panel Graphic stayed open during lockdown.
Get top tips from Pasta Foods on changing your working processes to keep your staff safe.
Find out about the changes Hillfarm Oils have made to give staff more space to work.
Get some advice from Kettle Foods on changes they have made.
Find out how flooring firm Donnelly Watson is using technology to reopen safely.