Eight businesses in the East have already been approved for grant funding under the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership’s Small Grant Scheme, which offers grants of between £1,000 and £25,000 to help companies grow.
Among them is Rougham-based Infusions Limited, who supply hotels, restaurants and food businesses with ingredients and catering equipment. The company has just been approved for a £1,500 grant towards a new walk-in freezer to increase their stock holding and offer new products to customers.
Company director Jeremy Medley said the grant would help speed up their growth plans, whilst cutting running costs. “We can maximise space, save energy and increase productivity, enabling more stock to be stored in a single walk-in freezer, rather than multiple satellite freezers which are expensive to run.”
The New Anglia Growth Hub’s Richard Glinn, who helped with the application added: “This is one of many successful and growing businesses in the East, led by enthusiastic directors with a strong team spirit throughout the organisation. The purchase of the walk-in freezer is a really positive step as it allows more produce to be stored whilst cutting energy bills at the same time.”
Funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the Small Grant Scheme launched in the autumn. Grants can be used to help businesses expand, inprove productivity or bring new products or services to market. The grant offers 20% of the total project spend, with the remaining 80% to be sourced privately by the business. Eligible costs can include purchase of plant, machinery, tools, IT equipment, software, licenses and professional fees, as well as construction, extension or purchase of business premises.
To find out more and to request an application form, call the New Anglia Growth Hub on 0300 333 6536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org