Norwich Area Transportation Strategy: City Centre
Award: £7.35m. This project is part of the Norwich Area Transportation Strategy (NATS). This project is a city enhancement package of measures to improve connectivity and accessibility within the core retail and business district by removing traffic from the City Centre.
- Golden Ball Street/Farmers Ave – creating 2 way flow for general traffic and improving access to public car park.
- Westlegate/All Saints Green – pedestrianising and improving the access and look of this key retail area.
- Red Lion Street – re routing of traffic.
- Ber Street – improving the entrance to allow additional turning.
- Finklegate – improving the junction with the inner ring road.
- Guardian Road Junction / Dereham Road/ Sweetbriar Road Roundabout– improving this outer ring road junction to improve traffic flow, bus journey times, and provide better crossing facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Roundhouse Way Bus Interchange – improving the size, layout and bus waiting facilities.
- Prince of Wales Road /Rose Lane/ Agricultural Hall Plain- currently consulting on plans to improve the traffic flow, crossings and cycle lanes.
- Plumstead Road – redesigning the roundabout in order to improve traffic flow in light of new housing being developed in the area. The housing developer is also contributing funding.
What will the project achieve?
- Supports the development of 21,000 houses
- Contributes to unlocking 175 hectares of new employment land and city office development.
For more information click here.