Bury St Edmunds Sustainable Transport Package
Award: £2.25m. A package of measures to improve walking and cycling facilities in Bury St Edmunds. The project was completed in May 2018.
- Improved junction and footpath access from the train station into town (Tayfen Road/Out Northgate/Northgate/Compiegne Way junction).
- Parkway ringroad junction improvements for cyclists and pedestrians (Parkway/Cullum Rd/Westgate and Out Westgate junction).
- Moreton Hall to town centre improved cycle, pedestrian and bus links (Vinery Road/Horringer Road/Out Westgate/Petticoat Lane junction).
What has this project achieved?
- Supports the development of 5,740 homes
- Supports the development of 28 hectares of employment land
- Encourages the use of sustainable transport
For more information click here.