New funding for employability projects offering a learning path to work in Norfolk & Suffolk
The LIFT Programme has secured another European Social Fund contract to distribute over £800k of funding for projects that will support people to gain the confidence, skills and knowledge to move into employment or into formal accredited learning and skills provision.
The funding is available for local VCSE organisations and we can offer up to £20,000 per project for up to 100% of project costs.
Eligible projects must be:
• based in either Norfolk or Suffolk
• for groups of adults aged 16+ who are not currently in work
• structured learning activity
(can include structured practical work experience)
• able to support people to engage with the learning
• focussed on those with an additional barrier to work that need to be overcome (including long term unemployment)
• offering support to progress onwards from the project
• informed by previous experience of working within the local community.
An additional aim is to enable small organisations to gain experience in running European Social Fund-type project activity. Advice and support to do this is will be provided.
The LIFT Community Grants programme is managed by the LIFT team at Norfolk County Council on behalf of both Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils.